There are no prerequisite courses; however students must have at least two years of professional experience before beginning the program. Online, not-for-credit classes in Financial Accounting, Economics and Statistical Concepts through Ivy Software are recommended for those without a strong background in these disciplines.
Applicants must be admitted to WVU as a graduate student using 2188 as the major code: you can Apply to WVU online.
- Click the "Apply Now Online" button.
- Create a username and password.
- Once an account has been created, applicants can edit the application at their discretion. Please complete all questions asked.
- When selecting a start term, choose ‘fall’ or ‘spring’ semester, depending on your preference.
- Upload an up-to-date resume.
- Request 1-3 letters of recommendation through the online portal. Individual letters should not exceed one page.
- Create a Statement of Purpose (not to exceed one page).
- Pay application fee.
- Submit application.
- Applicants will then need to send their transcripts to WVU's Office of Admissions.
If the applicants undergraduate school offers "e-script" (an official electronic
copy of transcripts), email the transcripts to GraduateAdmissions@mail.wvu.edu. This will help expedite the admissions process.
If they do not offer this service, please have your official transcripts mailed
West Virginia University Office of Graduate Admissions and Recruitment
PO Box 6510
Morgantown, WV 26506-6510
- For applicants submitting GMAT/GRE scores, the program GMAT code is C2S-6D-25 or 5904 for GRE.
- International Students are required to submit at TOEFL or IELTS score. Required for international students. The College of Business & Economics TOEFL requirement is higher than the University's - applicants must have a TOEFL score of either 580 (paper), 237 (computer), or 92 (Internet-based). If you have taken the IELTS instead of the TOEFL, the minimum score must be 6.5. English language exam scores should be sent to the Office of Admissions, West Virginia University, PO Box 6009, Morgantown, WV 26506-6009
- For applicants requesting a GMAT waiver based on 5 or more years of relevant professional work experience, please indicate request for waiver in your Statement of Purpose.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis once all parts of the application are received including transcripts, test scores, and letters of recommendation.