There are no prerequisite courses; however students must have at least two years of professional experience before beginning the program. Online, not-for-credit classes in Financial Accounting, Economics and Statistical Concepts through Ivy Software are recommended for those without a strong background in these disciplines.
Applicants must be admitted to WVU as a graduate student using 2188 as the major code.
- Enter the WVU Application portal.
- Once an account has been created with user name and password, applicants can edit the application at their discretion. Please complete all questions asked. When selecting a start term, choose ‘summer.’
- Upload an up-to-date resume and a one-page statement of purpose, explaining your interest in the MBA program, how the program will help you to reach your career goals and any additional information which may help our faculty to understand your candidacy.
- Request at least one letter of recommendation through the online portal. Your reference letter(s) should cover aptitudes necessary for your success in the program to which you are applying.
- Pay application fee and submit the application.
- Applicants will then need to send their transcripts to WVU's Office of Admissions. If the applicant's undergraduate school offers "e-script" (an official electronic copy of transcripts), email the transcripts to GraduateAdmissions@mail.wvu.edu. This will help expedite the admissions process. If they do not offer this service, please have your official transcripts mailed to:
Virginia University Office of Graduate Admissions and Recruitment
PO Box 6510
Morgantown, WV 26506-6510
For applicants submitting GMAT/GRE scores, the GMAT code is C2S-6D-25, and the GRE code is 5904. We will also accept PCAT and LSAT scores for applicants enrolling in the dual degree programs. For applicants with five or more years of work experience may apply for a GMAT or GRE waiver.
International Students are required to submit at TOEFL or IELTS score. Required for international students. The College of Business & Economics TOEFL requirement is higher than the University's - applicants must have a TOEFL score of either 580 (paper prior to July 27) or 68 (paper after July 27), 237 (computer), or 92 (Internet-based). If you have taken the IELTS instead of the TOEFL, the minimum score must be 6.5. English language exam scores should be sent to the Office of Admissions, West Virginia University, PO Box 6009, Morgantown, WV 26506-6009
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis once all parts of the application are received including transcripts, test scores, and letters of recommendation. Applications received after July 1 will be reviewed based on available space in the class.