Accessing Your Online BCC Tutoring and Design Consultations
- Enter your name and student ID number to join the session. (Ex. John Smith 800100550)
- Copy-paste your consultant’s room Collaborate link into the address bar. *Use the URL provided when you signed up for the session.
- Disable any popup blockers you are running.
- At your appointment time, open Google Chrome (do not use another browser).
- In Collaborate, you will see several permissions pop-ups for “Use your microphone” and “Use your camera.” Select “Allow” for each of these.
- To share your screen with your consultant, ask them to give you sharing rights, then:
- Select the purple icon at the bottom right of the screen to access application sharing.
- Select the “Share Content” icon. (Box with an arrow)
- Select “Share Application/Screen.”
- Select “Your Entire screen.”
- Show your document or presentation.
- At the end of your session, tell your consultant your professor’s name and email address. Your consultant will email your professor to verify that you participated in a session.
Note: Your consultant may take a screen capture during the session as additional evidence that you completed the session. Sessions are recorded for record-keeping, quality assurance, and training purposes.