The BCC will offer the following tutoring options for documents and presentations during the suspension of in-person classes:
- B&E BCC Online: Email-based Tutoring
- B&E BCC Online: Videoconference Tutoring (real-time)
- B&E BCC Online: Videoconference Adobe tutoring
To sign up, please access portal.wvu.edu and then click on Navigate in the Resources block. Follow the directions below to participate in your tutoring session.
- At the top of your draft, include your name, student ID number, professor’s name, and the class.
- Please use Microsoft Word or PowerPoint when sending drafts. Email your draft to
before your scheduled appointment time. If you have any assignment guidelines
or a rubric, please attach those as well.
Tutor’s Email Address
- The tutor will review your draft during the appointment time using Word or PowerPoint’s “Review” tab and “Comments.”
- At the end of your scheduled appointment time, the tutor will return your draft to you and copy your professor (as evidence that you completed the tutoring).
- To see the comments from your tutor, open the document in Word or the presentation in PowerPoint.
- Click on the “Review” tab.
- In Word, within the “Tracking” box, use the pull-down to select “All Markup.” You should then be able to read each comment made.
Videoconference Tutoring and Adobe Tutoring
- At your appointment time, open Google Chrome (do not use another browser).
- Disable any popup blockers you are running.
Copy-paste your tutor’s room link into the address bar.
Tutor’s Collaborate Room
- Enter your name and student ID number to join the session. (Ex. John Smith 800100550)
- You will see several permissions pop-ups for “Use your microphone” and “Use your camera.” Select “Allow” for each of these.
- To share your screen with your tutor:
- Select the purple icon at the bottom right of the screen to access application sharing.
- Select the “Share Content” icon.
- Select “Share Application/Screen.”
- Select “Your Entire screen.”
- Show your document or presentation.
- At the end of your session, your tutor will email your professor to verify that you participated in a session.