Career Readiness Program
The Career Readiness Program (CRP) is designed to accelerate the professional goals of academically high-performing sophomores and juniors.
GAIN A COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE.
Resume-building experiences. Employer and alumni networking. Peer mentorship. Exclusive perks.
8 nace career competencies
The CRP emphasizes competencies that a nationwide employer survey conducted by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) revealed as predictors of success in the workplace!
24% Placement Rate Increase
The placement rate of CRP students is 24.43% higher (at graduation) than that of students who did not participate in the program.
$11,988 Higher starting salary
On average, the starting salary of CRP students is $11,988 higher than that of students who did not participate in the program.
NACE CompetenciesCritical Thinking/Problem Solving | Digital Technology | Leadership | Global/Intercultural Fluency | Teamwork/Collaboration | Communication | Career Management | Professionalism/Work Ethic
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN THE CRP?
The Career Readiness Program (CRP) prepares students for success in the workplace. In addition to academic excellence, employers have identified a core set of skills and competencies that they seek in new employees.
How to Apply
Qualified students will receive an email with more information in July.
Platinum Level Requirements
- 3.25 or higher cumulative GPA
- Minimum of 25 points based on event attendance/participation
- Score of 80% or higher on an in-person or virtual mock interview conducted by the CCD (requirement for new members, varies based on prior participation)
All of those included for Gold Level plus:
- CRP/Chambers College padfolio
- Enhanced opportunities to network virtually with Chambers College Distinguished Speakers and/or guests
- Priority consideration for professional certification opportunities (e.g. BB&T Emerging Leaders Program)
Platinum Level status will not be confirmed until the end of the Fall 2020 semester based on completion of requirements. Most student perks will be offered to all CRP students unless a limited number of spots are available, at which time we will initially offer participation in those activities to CRP students with a 3.25 or higher Cumulative GPA.
Gold Level Requirements
- 2.8 or higher Cumulative GPA
- Minimum of 15 points based on event attendance/participation
- Career Readiness Program resume designation
- CRP lapel pin
- Digital badge to be used on LinkedIn profile and email signature
- Early access to sign up for select virtual career fairs and events
- Invitations to CRP-exclusive events, hosted by employers
- Identification as a CRP member in Handshake
- Access to the new CRPro Program
Contact Abigail Buehler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out what our CRP members have to say!
Collin Martin, Global Supply Chain Management
“The CRP is a great way to improve as a professional in many areas. Since joining, I have grown in professionalism, communication, but most importantly in confidence! On top of this, [it] does a great job of getting us out in front of employers.”
Jesse Gresham, Accounting
“Without the CRP, I would not have received offers for the two internships I interviewed for in my fall semester.”
Madeline Indiano, Hospitality & Tourism
“The Career Readiness Program is certainly something you would want to participate in and have on your resume. I received my first internship opportunity through the CRP during my first semester participating in the program. The CRP helps you stand out from every other student at WVU.”
Nada Aboraya, Accounting and MIS
“Quite possibly the best opportunity [Chambers] has to offer to its most committed and eager students that want to improve their strengths and work on their weaknesses.”