accelerate your professional growth by serving as a CRPro!
This program pairs seniors with sophomores looking to enter similar fields and gain similar experiences.
If you are a senior in the CRP program and have completed at least one internship, please consider serving as a CRPro. It means you are a Career Readiness "Professional" but you know, abbreviated. CRPros will earn 10 CRP points for mentoring a sophomore CRP student and helping to promote the Career Readiness Program to prospective members.
Interested in being paired with a CRPro to help you reach your career/professional goals? CRPro Mentees earn 4 CRP points for participating.
Beyond earning 10 CRPro points, serving as a mentor will give you an opportunity to:
- Enhance your resume
- Develop leadership qualities and coaching experience
- Reflect on your own professional goals and practices
- Learn from your mentee and hear different perspectives, ideas, and approaches
- Enhance marketing skills by helping to develop new recruitment strategies for the
- Make a lasting impact on the program by providing feedback and new ideas
- Make new friends across the Chambers College
Beyond gaining 4 CRP points, working with a CRPro provides you with:
- Opportunities to build your network
- Encouragement and support for career development and growth
- Accountability – someone who will check in and ask how you are doing with reaching your goals
- Opportunities to learn from the experiences of others
- Opportunities to learn about skills needed in your field and how to obtain them
- New friends across the Chambers College
Contact Abby Buehler at Abigail.Buehler@mail.wvu.edu.