Deadline to Apply: Sunday, February 21, 2021
CHAMBERS AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
The Chambers Ambassador team is a group of student leaders who showcase the College and University to prospective students. The time commitment for the program is 15 hours per semester, and the group will meet 1-2x/month for training and professional development activities. Benefits of the Chambers Ambassador program include networking opportunities with Chambers College administration, faculty, employer partners, and alumni; being featured on the school’s website; a graduation pin for those who have completed the requirements of the program upon graduation; the opportunity to positively impact peers and prospective students; the opportunity to hone important skills such as time management, accountability, and leadership.
Must be currently enrolled in the John Chambers College of Business and Economics
Must have a minimum of 2 semesters left before graduation to serve (i.e. students graduating in December 2021 are not eligible for the Fall 2021 intake)
Must be passionate about making a positive impact on prospective students and peers
Must represent the College/University in the most positive manner
Must be able to dedicate 15 hours per semester to the program
Must be able to prioritize 1-2x/month meetings for training, teambuilding and professional development
Questions can be directed to Rachel.Nieman@mail.wvu.edu.
CHAMBERS PEER MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
The Chambers Peer Mentorship Program is a new program debuting in Fall 2021. Chambers Peer Mentors will be a group of student leaders who assist first semester freshmen with their transition to college life as a business student at WVU by sharing their knowledge, skills and perspectives. Peer Mentors will be assigned a section of BCOR 191 that they will attend during the Fall 2021 semester, and the students in their assigned section will be their mentees. Benefits of the Chambers Peer Mentorship Program include course credit for BCOR 490 (1 credit, Pass/Fail), connections to Chambers faculty and staff, professional experience and leadership development.
The 1 credit hour BCOR 490 course includes working with their BCOR 191 instructor/mentees and providing brief updates once per week to the BCOR 490 instructor. The course grade will be based on attendance, brief weekly check-ins, and a 3-4 page final reflection paper.
- Must be currently enrolled in the John Chambers College of Business and Economics
- Must be passionate about making a positive impact on the Fall 2021 freshmen class
- Must represent the College/University in the most positive manner
- Must have a 2.8 minimum cumulative GPA and grades of C or better in all freshmen business courses (BCOR 199, BCOR 191, ACCT 201, ECON 201, MATH 124 or higher) You may apply if you are a current freshman still completing these courses.
- Must register for BCOR 490, a 1 credit hour course, in Fall 2021.
- Duties will include meeting weekly with your assigned section of BCOR 191, and 4 class meetings throughout the semester with their BCOR 490 instructor.
- Must be available to attend a training session the Monday before fall classes start – Monday, August 16th.
Questions about the Chambers Peer Mentorship Program/ BCOR 490 can be directed to Rachel.Nieman@mail.wvu.edu