WVU Startup Engine Incubator
Erienne Olesh, Ph.D.
Erienne Olesh holds a Ph.D. in Neuroscience from the Rockefeller Neurosciences Institute at West Virginia University and a B.S. in exercise physiology for the University of Puget Sound. Erienne serves as the Director of West Virginia University Vantage Ventures and is focused on building strategic partnerships with industry leaders and commercializing university intellectual property. Erienne previously held the position of Associate Director for the Health Sciences Innovation Center at West Virginia University where she worked directly with researchers to solicit, protect and commercialize novel biomedical technology, advise small business and startup companies, and educate the West Virginia University community on entrepreneurship and commercialization. Before moving to WVU Erienne worked as a biomechanical consultant with Crocs shoe company to develop and prototype new shoes.
EducationPh.D., Neuroscience, West Virginia University. (2011-March, 2017) B.S., Exercise Science, University of Puget Sound, Tacoma, Washington. (2006-2010) The College Preparatory School, Oakland, CA. (2002-2006)
- March, 2016: Dissertation proposal defense honor award, West Virginia University
- July 2015: Neuroscience Idol, second place, West Virginia University, Center for Neuroscience Annual retreat.
- July 2015: Second place, poster presentation, West Virginia University, Center for Neuroscience Annual retreat.
- September 2014: Student Innovator of the year, second place, West Virginia University
- February 2014: First place poster presentation, Van Liere Research day, WVU
- September 2013: Travel award, Society for Neuroscience
- June 2013: Third place poster presentation, West Virginia University Center for Neuroscience
- April 2013: First place poster presentation, West Virginia State Stroke Conference
- March 2013: Second place poster presentation, Van Liere Research day, WVU
- January 2013: Student researcher and entrepreneur award, Benedum Fund
- January 2012: Student researcher and entrepreneur award, Benedum Fund
- April 2009: All Athlete Scholar