John Saldanha Ph.D.
Dr. Saldanha began his supply chain career in the merchant marine where he has a decade of experience serving on a variety of cargo vessels around the world. He completed a BSc (Hons.) in Maritime Business and Transport after which he attended the Smeal College of Business, Penn State where he received his Ph.D. in Business Administration with a concentration in business logistics and a minor in statistics. Following that, he joined the Marketing & Logistics Department at the Fisher College of Business, Ohio State before joining the faculty of the College of Business & Economics at WVU.
- Ph.D., Business Administration, Penn State
- BSc. (Hons.) Maritime Business & Transport, University of Plymouth
- Class 2 Deck Officer (Chief Officer) certificate of competency, issued by the Office of Registrar General of Shipping and Seamen of the Government of the United Kingdom
- Higher National Diploma in Nautical Science, British Technical Education Council
- Western Decision Sciences Institute 2015 Conference Award Best Theoretical/Empirical Research Paper Award, April 2015 from the Western Decision Sciences Institute
- E. Grosvenor Plowman Award at the Annual Supply Chain Educators' Conference 2014
- Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals Bernard J. La Londe Best Paper Award 2013
- Linking formal controls to motor carrier performance: Curvilinear and interaction effects
- The lead-time reliability paradox and inconsistent value-of-reliability estimates
- Implementing Supply Chain Technologies in Emerging Markets: An Institutional Theory Perspective
- View more at www.researchgate.net/profile/John_Saldanha2