Ruiyuan Chen, Ph.D.
Dr. Chen’s research interests are in empirical corporate finance, privatization, state ownership and banking. His research primarily lies at the intersection between state ownership and corporate policies. Specifically, he investigates the role of state ownership in the context of privatization and examine the role of financial institutions in fostering economic growth. He teaches primarily undergraduate courses on business finance and banking.
Dr. Chen’s articles have appeared in the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis and Journal of Corporate Finance, among others. He has served as a reviewer for many academic journals.
- Ph.D. in International Finance, University of South Carolina
- M.Sc. in Economics, Bocconi University
- BA. In Finance, Wuhan University
- Best Young Scholar Award, Frontier of Business Research
- Promising Researcher Award, University of South Carolina
- Charles Coker Graduate Fellowship, University of South Carolina
- Performance Above and Beyond Award, University of South Carolina
- Winner of the GWU-CIBER Best Paper Award