Helen Wang, Ph.D.
Dr. Helen Wang is an Assistant Professor of Finance at West Virginia University. She received her Ph.D. from the University of South Carolina. Before joining West Virginia University, she taught at the Renmin University of China. Her research interests include corporate social responsibility, corporate governance, and international finance. Her research has been published in leading journals, including The Accounting Review, Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of Corporate Finance, and Journal of Banking and Finance, among others. She currently serves as an associate editor of the Global Finance Journal. She has been recognized for her research with several awards, including the Best Paper Award from the Academy of International Business Meeting, the Best Paper Award from the Frontier of Business Research in China International Conference, and the Best Paper Award from the World Business Ethics Forum.
2015, Ph.D. in International Finance, University of South Carolina
2010, M.Sc. in Economics, Renmin University of China
2008, B.A. In Economics, Renmin University of China
1. Corporate Governance and Tax Avoidance: Evidence from U.S. Cross-listing with R. Chen, S. El Ghoul, O. Guedhami, and Y. Yang. The Accounting Review, forthcoming.
2. Political Corporate Social Responsibility: The Role of Deliberative Capacity with R. Carney, S. El Ghoul, O. Guedhami, and J. Lu. Journal of International Business Studies, forthcoming.
3. Economic Policy Uncertainty and Insider Trading with S. El Ghoul, R. Nash, and O. Guedhami. Journal of Financial Research, forthcoming.
4. Common Institutional Ownership and Corporate Social Responsibility with X. Cheng, and X. Wang. Journal of Banking and Finance 2022 (136), 106218.
5. Corporate Social Responsibility in Emerging Market Economies: Determinants, Consequences, and Future Research Directions with N. Boubakri, S. El Ghoul, and O. Guedhami. Emerging Markets Review 2021 (46), 100758.
6. Is Privatization a Socially Responsible Reform? with N. Boubakri, C. Kwok, and O. Guedhami. Journal of Corporate Finance 2019 (56), 129-151.
7. Do State and Foreign Ownership Affect Investment Efficiency? Evidence from Privatizations with R. Chen, S. El Ghoul, and O. Guedhami. Journal of Corporate Finance 2017 (42), 408-421.
8. Family Control and Corporate Social Responsibility with S. El Ghoul, O. Guedhami, and C. Kwok. Journal of Banking and Finance 2016 (73), 131-146.
9. Cross-listing and Corporate Social Responsibility with N. Boubakri, S. El Ghoul, O. Guedhami, and C. Kwok. Journal of Corporate Finance 2016 (41), 123-138.