Global Supply Chain Management
John Saldanha Ph.D.
Sears Chair in Global Supply Chain Management and Associate Professor
Dr. Saldanha began his supply chain career in the merchant marine where he has a decade of experience serving on a variety of cargo vessels around the world. He completed a BSc (Hons.) in Maritime Business and Transport after which he attended the Smeal College of Business, Penn State where he received his Ph.D. in Business Administration with a concentration in business logistics and a minor in statistics. Following that, he joined the Marketing & Logistics Department at the Fisher College of Business, Ohio State before joining the faculty of the College of Business & Economics at WVU.
- Ph.D., Business Administration, Penn State
- BSc. (Hons.) Maritime Business & Transport, University of Plymouth
- Class 2 Deck Officer (Chief Officer) certificate of competency, issued by the Office of Registrar General of Shipping and Seamen of the Government of the United Kingdom
- Higher National Diploma in Nautical Science, British Technical Education Council
- Western Decision Sciences Institute 2015 Conference Award Best Theoretical/Empirical Research Paper Award, April 2015 from the Western Decision Sciences Institute
- E. Grosvenor Plowman Award at the Annual Supply Chain Educators' Conference 2014
- Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals Bernard J. La Londe Best Paper Award 2013