Students entering the MBA program must complete two "boot camp" courses in Accounting and Economics unless they have a waiver from the MBA Faculty Coordinator based upon undergraduate major. These courses are completed during the first term of the MBA program.
Applicants must be admitted to WVU as a graduate student using 2110 as the major code.
- Enter the WVU Application portal.
- Once an account has been created with user name and password, applicants can edit the application at their discretion. Please complete all questions asked. When selecting a start term, choose ‘summer.’
- Upload an up-to-date resume and a one-page statement of purpose, explaining your interest in the MBA program, how the program will help you to reach your career goals and any additional information which may help our faculty to understand your candidacy.
- Request at least one letter of recommendation through the online portal. Your reference letter(s) should cover aptitudes necessary for your success in the program to which you are applying.
- Pay application fee and submit the application.
- Applicants will then need to send their transcripts to WVU's Office of Admissions. If the applicant's undergraduate school offers "e-script" (an official electronic copy of transcripts), email the transcripts to GraduateAdmissions@mail.wvu.edu. This will help expedite the admissions process. If they do not offer this service, please have your official transcripts mailed to:
PO Box 6510
Morgantown, WV 26506-6510
GMAT and GRE scores are waived under certain specialized circumstances described below.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis once all parts of the application are received including transcripts, test scores, and letters of recommendation. Applications received after March 1 will be reviewed based on available space in the class.