John Chambers College of Business and Economics students – who have completed their first semester of Sophomore year – could be selected for scholarship/stipend, valued at $5,000. Student will work with a store manager to run a Fresh Hospitality restaurant concept at the Mountainlair or Evansdale Crossing during summer sessions 1 & 2. This will be a hands on and conceptual restaurant operations experience.Students will also build on resources provided by WVU HIT Lab and Fresh Hospitality to facilitate experiential projects for the organization.
The application consists of:
- One-page resume, including student’s GPA as of December 2018
- One-page, double-spaced essay explaining how receiving this scholarship will impact the student’s life and career goals
This application can be submitted at BEScholarships@mail.wvu.edu
DEADLINE: MARCH 21, 2019
Interviews: Week of March 24
REQUIREMENTS IF SELECTED FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP:
STUDENT WILL HAVE TO PAY TUITION IN ADVANCE TO REGISTER
- Students will work 25 hours a week assigned by Manager of operation: May 13, 2019 – August 2, 2019
- Student will be required to attend assigned workshops during the summer sessions
- After the end of the summer term, students will be eligible to sit for the ServSafe Manager Certification
- Scholarship recipients must write a note of appreciation to the donors
THE SCHOLARSHIP WILL COVER:
- 6 Credits for HTOR 491 (3 credits will count towardsHTOR major internship requirement of 6 credits)Note: all internships in Chambers College are offered at the in-state tuition rate.
- Cost of books, exams, and permits
- Cover 25 hours of work per week for 12 weeks during summer sessions 1 & 2
- The scholarship/stipend will be dispersed accordingly
- May 30th - $2,000
- June 30th - $2,000
- July 30th - $1,000
A job in the fall at Taziki’s (Mountainlair), Taziki’s (Suncrest), or any of the six concepts at Evansdale Crossing is based on internships performance and student availability.
Contact Frank DeMarco at firstname.lastname@example.org
Funds provided by the J. Michael Bodnar and Doug and Pam Van Scoy Hospitality and Tourism Program Support Fund.