Master of Accountancy
The West Virginia Board of Trustees establishes tuition and fees annually. Visit tuition.wvu.edu for current tuition and fees. The University reserves the right to change tuition and fees at any time.
During the admission process, your application is reviewed for qualification for meritorious tuition waivers. If you are selected to receive such aid, you will be notified when the admission offer is made.
WVU has a strong comprehensive financial aid program to help you finance your education. The Free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be filed before March 1. For more information, visit the Student Financial Aid Office website or call 304-293-5242.
Securing a Graduate Assistantship (GA) is an outstanding way to finance your education. Over 1,900 GA positions are available in most academic and administrative departments throughout campus. GAs typically receive fall and spring university tuition waivers, health insurance, and a stipend of approximately $1,100/month in exchange for 20 hours per week of work over a nine to twelve month period.
The College of Business and Economics offers a limited number of traditional GA positions,
but there are many opportunities for part-time hourly positions usually offering
ten to twenty hours of work per week. Individual academic departments and
administrative units hire graduate student workers on an hourly wage basis.
Graduate Assistant, Master of Accountancy Program
Apply by March 1, 2018 for Fall 2018 - Spring 2019
20 Hours per Week
Students must be accepted and enrolled in the MAcc program.
Your assignment will be to serve as a Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant under the supervision of a faculty member in the Department of Accounting. In General, these responsibilities are to be carried out throughout the semester of appointment, including times when classes are not in session, but not including days then the University is closed.
- Coverage of office hours for faculty members.
- Assistance in teaching duties as required by faculty members.
- Research duties including assistance with literature reviews and other research duties delegated by the faculty member.
- Coverage of the Business Resource Learning Center.
- General administrative duties including but not limited to: coping, filing, etc.
- Other duties to be named at a future time.
Apply:If you meet the previous qualifications and are interested in this position, please submit the following information by March 1, 2018 to the College of Business & Economics Graduate programs at email@example.com:
- Statement of Purpose regarding why you want the GA position and how it will align with your career goals.
- Completed GA Recommendation Rubric by a faculty member or current supervisor
Questions: Contact Joey VanDevender at Gary.VanDevender@mail.wvu.edu or 304-293-2333.