Our Accounting department educates and conducts research that impacts the accounting profession and society as a whole.
Explore the business side of organizational activities with advanced courses in accounting and financial reporting, as well as an integrated overview of the economic pursuits of a business entity.
Master of Accountancy
The Master of Accountancy (MAcc) program is a 30 credit-hour program, which can be completed in approximately 12 months. You will be prepared to meet the challenges you face in launching a career in public accounting and you will have the opportunity to specialize in Tax or Assurance.
Planning to graduate with a finance degree and want experience in accounting? Pick up our Accounting minor and learn the concepts, principles and procedures that pertain to the preparation, analysis and interpretation of financial statements.
The Ph.D. in Business Administration with a major in Accounting will prepare you for a career in scholarly research and teaching at the university level. The doctoral program is offered to a relatively small, highly qualified, and motivated group of students who demonstrate the potential to become highly regarded scholars in the field.
Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination
Gain extensive exposure to world class practicing experts in addition to our superior full-time faculty. You will have real-world expertise brought to the classroom in the areas of complex fraud and financial crime examination, interviewing, international issues, dispute serves and courtroom preparation.
Forensic and Fraud Examination
The 30 credit-hour Forensic and Fraud Examination (FFE) program is one of the first FFE programs to be established in the United States and can be completed in 12-months. You will complete two required residencies, and study forensic accounting and fraud examination centered on data analytics for success in this career path.
Accounting FacultyView Accounting Directory
Why WVU Accounting?
- As of fall 2023, we are CPA Evolution Ready!
- In fall 2023, we’ll offer three CPA Evolution Exam Tracks: BAR, ICS and TCP (tax).
- We offer two “ 3+1” programs where advanced placement students can earn both an undergraduate and master’s degree in four years: BSBA plus MAcc or MS-Forensic & Fraud Examination.
- All Sophomore Accounting students complete the Microsoft Excel Certification
- We have Data Analytics in every upper-level accounting course.
- We offer six 2-course undergraduate tracks : three CPA exam, organizational accounting, data analytics and forensic accounting and fraud examination (FFE).
- We include CIA and CMA exam preparation content in the organizational accounting track.
- We have experiential learning in undergraduate and graduate courses in partnership with the WV State Auditor’s Office
- Our CPA pass rates are 75% in the MAcc program.
- We require specializations (e.g., data analytics) in the MAcc and MS-FFE graduate programs.
- We offer BOTH PhD and DBA doctoral programs.
Don't take our word for it
Faculty and Student Spotlights
Avery is a senior double-major in finance and accounting, and as his life outside of college is about to begin, he finds himself busier than ever, whether it’s going to Cooper’s Rock to hike or attending on-campus lectures between classes.
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTINGAbout Avery
With a true passion in her multiple areas of study, Katherine Rexroad has been hooked on West Virginia University’s idea of thinking big since the beginning of her college career.
MIS AND ACCOUNTINGAbout Katherine
Khadidja Diouf has taken to heart the idea of being a leader of tomorrow. And what she’s experiencing at the John Chambers College of Business and Economics will help make her an even better leader.
GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT AND ACCOUNTINGAbout Khadidja
Meet Megan SkinnerAbout Meet Megan Skinner
Accounting News and Events
Research and Other Departmental News
Chambers College Faculty and Staff Encourage You to Participate on #WVUDayofGiving
Accountants: solving problems in business and beyond
Meet Emma Fridley
Celebrating First-Generation Students, Faculty and Staff
Expanded WVU Homecoming Week filled with school pride and traditions
Meet Megan Skinner
READY TO APPLY?
Join the Chambers College and Start your Journey
Start by taking the first step. Meet your future head-on: submit your application for admission.Apply Now
Follow your intellectual passion both in and outside the classroom as you learn the skills and knowledge needed to excel.Apply to Graduate School
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL