Explore the business side of organizational activities with advanced courses in accounting and financial reporting, as well as an integrated overview of the economic pursuits of a business entity.
Master of Accountancy
The Master of Accountancy (MAcc) program is a 30 credit-hour program, which can be completed in approximately 12 months. You will be prepared to meet the challenges you face in launching a career in public accounting and you will have the opportunity to specialize in Tax or Assurance.
Planning to graduate with a finance degree and want experience in accounting? Pick up our Accounting minor and learn the concepts, principles and procedures that pertain to the preparation, analysis and interpretation of financial statements.
Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination
Gain extensive exposure to world class practicing experts in addition to our superior full-time faculty. You will have real-world expertise brought to the classroom in the areas of complex fraud and financial crime examination, interviewing, international issues, dispute serves and courtroom preparation.
Forensic and Fraud Examination
The 30 credit-hour Forensic and Fraud Examination (FFE) program is one of the first FFE programs to be established in the United States and can be completed in 12-months. You will complete two required residencies, and study forensic accounting and fraud examination centered on data analytics for success in this career path.
- As of fall 2023, we are CPA Evolution Ready!
- In fall 2023, we’ll offer three CPA Evolution Exam Tracks: BAR, ICS and TCP (tax).
- We offer two “ 3+1” programs where advanced placement students can earn both an undergraduate and master’s degree in four years: BSBA plus MAcc or MS-Forensic & Fraud Examination.
- All Sophomore Accounting students complete the Microsoft Excel Certification
- We have Data Analytics in every upper-level accounting course.
- We offer six 2-course undergraduate tracks : three CPA exam, organizational accounting, data analytics and forensic accounting and fraud examination (FFE).
- We include CIA and CMA exam preparation content in the organizational accounting track.
- We have experiential learning in undergraduate and graduate courses in partnership with the WV State Auditor’s Office
- Our CPA pass rates are 75% in the MAcc program.
- We require specializations (e.g., data analytics) in the MAcc and MS-FFE graduate programs.
- We offer BOTH PhD and DBA doctoral programs.
Don't take our word for it
Faculty and Student Spotlights
Dick Riley, accounting department chair and Louis F. James Distinguished Professor of Public Accounting, explains how accounting basics net big returns.
Accounting Department Chair, Louis F. James Distinguished Professor of Public AccountingAbout Dick
Alyssa Quinlan, a student in the Master of Accounting program at the Chambers College, was named West Virginia’s top accounting student by a state professional society.
Master of AccountingAbout Alyssa
Meet Emma Fridley
Emma Fridley, a freshman accounting major from Grafton, West Virginia, is a first-generation college student here at the Chambers College. With a desire to go to college, she worked hard in high school to make sure her college tuition was covered completely by scholarships.About Meet Emma Fridley
Meet Megan SkinnerAbout Meet Megan Skinner
Accounting News and Events
Research and Other Departmental News
Let's Talk Business: Accounting is the Foundation of Great Business
Accounting Student Receives Top Honors
Meet Nathan Baker
Chambers College Faculty and Staff Encourage You to Participate on #WVUDayofGiving
Accountants: solving problems in business and beyond
Meet Emma Fridley
READY TO APPLY?
Join the Chambers College and Start your Journey
Start by taking the first step. Meet your future head-on: submit your application for admission.Apply Now
Follow your intellectual passion both in and outside the classroom as you learn the skills and knowledge needed to excel.Apply to Graduate School