Here at John Chambers College of Business and Economics, we have more than 100 scholarships to award annually. Thanks to the generosity of several alumni and friends of the College, we have approximately $462,000 in scholarship money distributed every year. Whether you are an incoming student, or you're already working towards your degree, see how you can benefit from receiving a scholarship. View the full list of donor scholarships and how you can apply today!
Donor ScholarshipsBoth the Undergraduate and Graduate level scholarship applications consist of a one-page resume and a one-page, double-spaced essay. Scholarships ranging from $500 - $1,500 per year is an average scholarship award.
These scholarships are privately-endowed by donors and friends of the College and are not automatically renewable. If you are awarded a Chambers College Scholarship in consecutive years, the dollar amount you are awarded may change from year to year.
If you are selected as a scholarship recipient, you will be notified by MIX email from the Chambers College. The scholarship will be placed on your student account in the 2023-24 academic year (half in the fall; half in the spring), unless otherwise indicated. Scholarship recipients are expected to write a note of appreciation to the funders of the scholarships. Details will be provided to the student at a later date.
Current Undergraduate Students
One application puts the student into consideration for all of the College's general scholarships at the undergraduate level. Your essay will be used in the event of a score tiebreaker or to consider you for funds where the donor has specified an essay is required. The essay can be on any topic of your choice. Ideas include: why you are majoring in business, your plans after college, and/or why you are deserving of a scholarship. Everything must be uploaded through the application form for consideration for the 2023-24 academic year (fall/spring).
- These scholarship awards would be in addition to any other scholarship you may be awarded through WVU.
- Application period for current/ returning students for academic year 2022-23 starts Thursday, September 1st, 2022 and ends Sunday, November 20, 2022.
- The scholarship application will reopen in early September 2023 for the 2024-2025 academic year.
- Information on your application will be verified by the Office of Undergraduate Programs for accuracy.
- Scholarship award amounts vary from $500 - $2,000
- Students selected for a scholarship will be notified during the spring 2023 semester.
- You must be logged into your WVU Google MIX account to access the application.
- Incoming first time students should see the Future Students webpage. There is a separate application for new, incoming students. Future Students Scholarships Page
For more information or questions you may have about undergraduate scholarships in the Chambers College, please contact Rachel Nieman at BEScholarships@mail.wvu.edu
Ohio Reciprocity for undergraduate students
We are now offering 4 different majors on Ohio Reciprocity, meaning students can receive in-state rates at West Virginia University. Students who are direct-admit are eligible for this benefit. If students wish to take advantage of Ohio Reciprocity, it will act as their scholarship. Students receiving in-state tuition through Ohio Reciprocity are not eligible for in-state student scholarships at WVU.
Majors on Ohio Reciprocity:
Direct Admission to Major Criteria:
- 3.0 High School GPA
- ACT Math 22 OR SAT Math 540