Here at John Chambers College of Business and Economics, we have more than 100 scholarships to award annually. Thanks to the generosity of several alumni and friends of the College, we have approximately $462,000 in scholarship money distributed every year. Whether you are an incoming student, or you're already working towards your undergraduate or graduate degree, see how you can benefit from receiving a scholarship. View the full list of donor scholarships and how you can apply today!
These scholarships are privately-endowed by donors and friends of the College. If you are selected as a scholarship recipient, you will be notified by official letter from the Chambers College. The scholarship will be placed on your student account in the 2020-21 academic year (half in the fall; half in the spring), unless otherwise indicated. Scholarship recipients are expected to write a note of appreciation to the funders of the scholarships. Details will be provided to the student at a later date.
Please note, these applications are separate from any scholarship you may have been awarded through the Office of Financial Aid.
Current Undergraduate Students
One application puts the student into consideration for all of the College's general scholarships at the undergraduate level. Your essay can be on any topic of your choice. Ideas include: why you are majoring in business, your plans after college, and/or why you are deserving of a scholarship. Everything must be uploaded through the application form for consideration for the 2021-22 academic year (fall/spring).
- These scholarship awards would be in addition to any other scholarship you may be awarded through WVU.
- Application period for current/ returning students for academic year 2021-22 starts Tuesday, September 1st, 2020 and ends Friday, November 20, 2020
- Information on your application will be verified by the Office of Undergraduate Programs for accuracy.
- Scholarship award amounts vary from $500 - $2,000
- Students selected for a scholarship will be notified during the spring 2021 semester.
- You must be logged into your WVU Google MIX account to access the application.
- Incoming first time students should see the Future Students webpage. There is a separate application for new, incoming students. Future Students Scholarships Page
For more information or questions you may have about undergraduate scholarships in the Chambers College, please contact Rachel Nieman at BEScholarships@mail.wvu.edu
The graduate student scholarship application consists of a one-page resume and a one-page, double-spaced essay. Your essay should include: How this scholarship can help you achieve your career objectives. Everything must be uploaded through the application portal for consideration for the 2020-21 academic year (fall/spring).
- All incoming graduate students are eligible to apply, however, you must be accepted to WVU at the time of application
- Application period for academic year 2020-21 starts 1/8/20 and ends 5/1/20.
For more information or questions you may have, please contact Joey VanDevender at 304-293-2333 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Graduate Student Scholarship Application
Ohio Reciprocity for undergraduate students
We are now offering 4 different majors on Ohio Reciprocity, meaning students can receive in-state rates at West Virginia University. Students who are direct-admit are eligible for this benefit. If students wish to take advantage of Ohio Reciprocity, it will act as their scholarship. Students receiving in-state tuition through Ohio Reciprocity are not eligible for in-state student scholarships at WVU.