Mark your calendars, Chambers College family! West Virginia University's sixth Day of Giving is March 22, 2023.
During this 24-hour giving event, you can donate to any of your favorite WVU causes and help them win additional funding through challenges throughout the event.
"As a professor with WVU for 25 years, I seen tremendous growth across the college," said Dick Riley, accounting chair and professor. "More importantly, I see a faculty and staff dedicated to the educational experiences and outcomes of our students. The Day of Giving is an important event toward creating a source of funding that reflects an investment in the future of our students.
"For faculty and staff, everyone knows how much each of you gives in terms of talent, time and dedication," said Riley. "So, to me, my participation in the Day of Giving is about signaling to our alumni, recruiters and other stakeholders how much I believe in our mission. If you can, please consider a gift on the Day of Giving - Every dollar, small or large, makes a difference in the lives of our students."
- Become a Day of Giving Ambassador and let your friends and colleagues know!
- Get involved in the social media challenges throughout the day. Share your photos on Facebook and Twitter, and make sure to both tag our College account @wvuchambers and use the hashtag #WVUDayofGiving
- A few of the social media challenges include:
- 8 a.m.; 2 p.m.; and 8 p.m. Tweet Challenge – head on over to Twitter and tweet that you're supporting the Chambers College! (Don't forget to tag our account and use the event hashtag)!
- 9 a.m. Campus Photo Challenge – share your favorite photo of WVU's campus!
- 4 p.m. WVU Gear Kid Photo Challenge – share photos of your kids in that old gold and blue!
- 7 p.m. WVU Gear Pet Photo Challenge – share your furry friends in Mountaineer gear!
- Give towards a Chambers College challenge to help us meet our goal. We will have several challenges that you can give to – big or small – and your gift will help our College come out on top!