Do you know someone who's graduating and looking for a job?
West Virginia University is holding resume building workshops for WVU students in the Business and Economics building.
Counselors said Résumé 911 has helped hundreds of students.
"It's also a way for us to make sure our students are prepared whenever they are coming out to meet with employers, whether it be at a career fair or on campus interviews, different services that we offer," said career counselor Greg Goodwin. "We always want to make sure our students put their best foot forwards, and the often starts with the resume."
Résumé 911 takes place at various times throughout the year, and sessions will be held on both Wednesday, Dec. 7 and Thursday Dec. 8.
Goodwin said there are a few simple things you can do to make sure you have a great resume:
- Have accurate contact information that is easy to find.
- Make sure to not have any typos or grammatical errors.
- Make sure all education information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Don't sell your skills short, but make sure they accurately reflect your abilities.
- Like your resume, if you don't, how can anyone else.