- Immediate problem-solving support for classroom and seminar computers, projectors, and other specialized technology
- Presentation assistance for incorporating unique hardware and software by request
- Troubleshooting and repairs for office PC, printer, and phone
- Dell certified repair technician on staff
- Coordination for purchasing of technology-related hardware or software with college or grant funds in order to get contract and/or volume pricing and to ensure interoperability of hardware and software.
- Limited support for Mac, other Apple products, and smart phones
- Print to many convenient network printers located throughout the building. All accessible network printers will be added at login.
- The Konica Minolta BizHub printers require a print code to be added in the Start > Devices and Printers > Printing Preferences window under Authentication/Account Track. Your departmental print/copy code must be entered in both Department Name and Password fields.
- If printers are not available that should be or other issues occur, please contact BEITHelp at 3-7862 or BEITHelp@mail.wvu.edu
- Personal and shared server space to support various teaching, research, and business practices
- Space to collect and analyze research data
- Remotely accessible 64-bit server for data analysis
- Automatic nightly backup of all data stored on LAN drives using procedures based upon best business practices. Quarterly and annual backups are stored off-site.
Software and Hardware
To order new software or hardware or to make an inquiry concerning the details of licensing, please contact us by email at BEITHelp@mail.wvu.edu or by phone at 304.293.7862. Software licenses commonly held by BEIT include:
- Adobe (Multiple Products)
- Camtasia Studio
- Kaspersky Anti-virus*
- MS Office Pro*
- MS Office Pro (MAC)*
* Software available to faculty, staff, and students free at
User IDs and Passwords
WVU Login ID provides access to a variety of user accounts. BEIT can help you with some of your accounts, but WVU's Information Technology Services (ITS) is the final authority for access to these systems. Call BEIT Help at 304.293.7862 or the ITS Service Desk at 304.293.4444. For Login ID password resets, visit login.wvu.edu.
- WVU ID - a nine digit number used for personal identification
- Login ID - wireless networks, office PC login, Citrix account, etc. STAR/BANNER/MIX and eCampus access
- Dual factor authentication is required to access most web-based systems (eCampus,
Portal, Outlook Webapp, etc.) More information is available at
Instructional Design and Development
Course design is available for online, hybrid, and face to face courses. Course
enhancements can be created such as videos, interactive learning elements, and infographics
to allow for more student engagement. Consultation on testing methods and assignment
types is available. Courses are designed to meet Quality Matters standards.
Mobile Device Support
Office 365 Mobility allows synchronization of e-mail, calendar, and contacts on supported smartphones and tablet devices. Visit http://it.wvu.edu/services/office365/mobility
Microsoft Outlook 365 can be accessed online at outlook.com/mail.wvu.edu. For the desktop version, please stop by the BEIT Help Desk in Room 368 or call 3-7682.
The ability to connect to a powerful Research Server enables B&E Faculty to access and run software faster than on a standard desktop. Please contact BEITHelp at 3-7862 for more information.
B&E faculty and staff may checkout a variety of technology equipment for occasional use. Please check with us to confirm availability. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Headsets with microphones
- Remote mice (wireless presenters)
- Document Camera
- Digital Cameras
- Assistance with ordering all PC-related hardware and software
- Best pricing and compatibility with software and hardware
- Software license tracking
- Annual renewal of certain software
- Streaming video services
- Video conferencing
- Wireless LAN Support