The MSIR-Global Track is designed to prepare a graduate with unique experiences and qualifications for a human resources career in the global economy. The student will fulfill the required MSIR plan of study plus have a set of international skills and experiences. Those skills and experiences include an interest in international cultures, at least one semester of study abroad at the University of Strasbourg in France, and an internship with a global perspective. Students admitted into the Global Track are encouraged, but not required, to have a proficiency in a second international language.
Major Program Components
The MSIR program has a structured curriculum designed to assure well balanced preparation across the key elements of human resource management. The Global Track will build on this same set of requirements.
- Semester 1 (Fall): WVU Campus
- Semester 2 (Spring): Semester abroad in Strasbourg, France
- Summer: Internship with a global perspective
- Semester 3 (Fall): WVU Campus
- Semester 4 (Spring): WVU Campus
- An interest in a global human resources career
- A willingness to learn about different cultures
- Proficiency in a second international language is valued, but not required.
The office of International Programs administers the semester abroad activities. The current estimated cost for the study abroad portion of the Global Track is $10,000-$14,000. This cost is set to reflect the normal cost a student would face if they remained on campus. The cost includes:
- Lodging at the Chateau which includes a double room, use of a kitchen, laundry facilities, bicycle, computer lab, and breakfast each day
- A public transportation pass for Strasbourg
- A meal and food allowance per semester (will vary with exchange rate established in the fall of each year)
- Regular full-time student access to the facilities at the University of Strasbourg
- All course tuition and fees for classes taken during the semester
- All travel cost in Europe for the trips associated with their WVU and Chateau based classes