To further facilitate faculty and student research consistent with the Center’s mission, the CFE runs a regular lunchtime “brown bag” workshop presentation. These seminars consist of early stage research papers by CFE faculty, graduate students, and short-term visitors.
- February 1 - Danko Tarabar, “The Role of Culture in Reform Performance: Evidence from Transition Countries”
- February 8 - Shree Baba Pokharel, “Low-Income Occupational Regulation and Entrepreneurship”
- February 15 - Sriparna Ghosh, "Effect of Regulation on Entrepreneurship”
- February 22 - Perry Ferrell, “The Role of Social Histories on Deviant Behavior: An Economics Experiment”
- February 29 - Joylynn Pruitt, “Taking on the Boss: Informational Challenging in Prosecutor Elections”
- March 7 - Paul Walker, “Endogenous Competence and a Limit to the Condorcet Jury Theorem”
- March 28 - Josh Matti, “Does Crime affect Business Location Decisions? A Discussion of the Current Literature”
- April 11 - Megan Teauge (George Mason University), “Barriers to Entry: An Empirical Account of Business Creation Difficulties in the United States"
- April 14 - Antonios Koumpias (Georgia State University), “The Effect of Compliance Reminders on Tax Payments: Quasi-experimental Evidence from Greece”
- August 22 - Bryan McCannon, “Lab-in-the-field: Microfinance in Southern Rural Uganda”
- August 29 - Danko Tarabar, “European Institutional Integration and Income Inequality
- September 5 - Michael Sacks, “In the club: strategic admission, membership, and endogenous splits”
- September 12 - Amir Neto, “Do Tourists Tip More than Local Consumer? Evidence from Taxi Rides in New York City”
- September 19 - Chris Yencha, “Walkability Measures and Residential Property Value: Evidence from Computer Vision Methods”
- September 26 - Imran Arif, “Barriers to International Mobility and Technology Diffusion”
- October 3 - Peter Calcagno (College of Charleston), “Regime Duration, Institutional Memory, and Economic Freedom”
- October 10 - Frank Stephenson (Berry College), “Economic Development Effects of Sports and Mega Events: Evidence from Hotel Nights”
- October 17 - Joylynn Pruitt, “Taking on the Boss: Incumbent Entry and Prosecutor Elections”
- October 31 - Paul Walker, “Individual Effort and Committee Decision Making: Experimental Evidence”
- November 7 - Shree Baba Pokharel, “Federal Regulations and Corporate Returns in the United States (2004-2013)”
- November 28 - Yang Zhou, "Do Ideology Movements and Legal Intervention Matter: A Synthetic Control Analysis of the Chongqing Experience"