Hospitality and Tourism Management Scholarships
Doug and Nancy McIntyre Hospitality & Tourism Scholarship
Students pursuing the area of emphasis or major in Hospitality & Tourism Management and pursuing a summer internship either outside their hometown or outside Morgantown are eligible to apply for this $1,000 scholarship.
Fresh Hospitality "Summer Experience" Scholarships
Seven students–who have completed their Junior year–will be selected for scholarships, valued at $5,000, and will work with a store manager to run a Fresh Hospitality restaurant concept at the Mountainlair or WVU Crossings during the summer months. This will be a hands on and conceptual restaurant operations experience. Students will also serve as Fresh Hospitality Brand Ambassadors – learning about the nutrition profile of each concepts food items. Students will build on resources developed by previous internship classes to facilitate Farm to Institution as part of a Veterans to Agriculture Initiative.
Funds provided by the Doug and Nancy McIntyre Hospitality & Tourism Scholarship Fund
The scholarship will cover:
- 6 credits of Tuition for BUSA 491 and HTOR 491 (Hospitality Management Internship in Restaurant Management (note: all internships in B&E are offered at the in-state tuition rate)
- Cost of textbooks
- Cost of ServSave Management Certification book and exam
- The hours that you are scheduled to work you will be paid $8 an hour
- A job in the fall at Taziki’s (Mountainlair), Taziki’s (Suncrest), Martin’s BBQ Joint (Suncrest), Health Sciences and all six concepts at Evansdale Crossings. Placement in these restaurants is based on internship performance and student availability.
Requirements if selected for the Scholarship:
- Students will be scheduled to work:
Monday – Thursday: 8:00am – 1:00pm
Friday: 9:00am – 2:00pm
- May 14, 2018 – August 3, 2018
- After the end of the summer term, students will be eligible to sit for the ServSafe Manager Certification
- Scholarship recipients must write a note of appreciation to the donors
Funds provided by the J. Michael Bodnar and Doug and Pam VanScoy Hospitality and Tourism Program Support Fund.