December 2022 Commencement Ceremony
- When: December 17, 2022 at 2pm
- Where: WVU Coliseum
Please go to the following link to RSVP to walk in the December 2022 Commencement Ceremony – You MUST RSVP below or you will not be permitted to walk in the ceremony.
The deadline to register to walk in the December 2022 Commencement Ceremony is Friday, December 9, 2022 at 5pm.
- Tickets are not required for Commencement.
- Free parking is available at the Coliseum and the Canady Creative Arts Center. There will be parking staff and University Police officers stationed to help direct you to the nearest parking area.
- Graduates should check-in at the Men’s Basketball Practice Facility at 1pm. (60 minutes prior to the ceremony time) . No one other than the graduate will be permitted into the check-in area.
- Graduates are required to wear caps and gowns. Purchase online from Herff Jones or in person from the WVU Bookstore.
- All graduates who have earned hoods will be hooded. Hoods will be carried in, draped over the left arm. Hooders should process in and sit with the graduate they are hooding. Faculty are required to wear regalia to participate.
- Students eligible for Latin honor cords will be sent an email in November letting you know what days you will be permitted to stop by the Chambers College Advising office to pick up your honor cord.
- Each ceremony will last approximately two hours.
- Graduates needing accessibility services should contact their accessibility specialist.
- Graduates who were approved to graduate in December 2022 will have their names printed in the program.
- Commemorative programs will be mailed to graduates. Please make sure your permanent address is correct in the system as this is where the programs will be mailed.
- Diplomas will be mailed after all grades are finalized and certified by the WVU Office of the Registrar.
- WVU has contracted with GradImages to provide quality graduation photos of each student. Proofs will be emailed to the student within 48 hours of the ceremony.
- Graduates and Guests must adhere to the WVU clear bag policy.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Amy.Roberts@mail.wvu.edu