Center for Financial Literacy
Current Programs and Activities
The Center has created a partnership with WVU Athletics to create seminars and a 200-level course in personal finance to help student athletes better understand their current financial situation and better plan for their future financial goals (both for those who will play at the pro-level and those who will not). The first seminars will be offered in the spring of 2016 and the first course offerings will be in the Summer of 2016. We view this as a pilot program that we would like to develop and grow to be able to offer these same seminars and courses to all WVU students, faculty, and staff.
Academic Programs and Courses in Financial Literacy
- B.S. in Business Administration with a concentration in financial planning
- CFP Board certified financial planning program that meets the educational requirements for the CFP Examination.
- B.S. in Business Administration with a concentration in valuation
- NACVA Board approved Certified Valuation Analyst curriculum track that meet the educational requirements for the CVA Examination
- Business Minor students take BUSA 340, a personal finance course
- BADM 651 is a course in personal finance offered to MBA and EMBA students each summer