The Center has created a partnership with the WVU First Year Experience program to provide financial literacy to all incoming freshmen on campus through the WVU 191 course. The Center has created a five-pronged approach to integrate financial literacy materials into the curriculum through knowledge assessments, in-class activities, large on-campus seminars and residence hall integration.
We will be providing a 5-pronged approach to the financial literacy program as follows:
- Pre-knowledge assessment of financial literacy knowledge given prior to classes starting.
- On-Campus Seminars aimed at addressing the most critical areas of need as determined by the survey.
- EVERFI modules that also address critical areas of need for this age group which will cover impulse spending, credit, budgeting, and financial aid/student loans.
- 50 minute interactive, in-class session that will be provided by the CFLE.
- Post-knowledge assessment of financial literacy knowledge administered after the sessions are completed.
WVU has partnered with TIAA to provide EVERFI Financial Literacy curriculum
October 17, 2019 | Time TBD | Downtown Campus |
October 21, 2019 | Time TBD | Evansdale Campus |
November 2019 | Time TBD | Evansdale Campus |
November 2019 | Time TBD | Downtown Campus |
Academic Programs and Courses in Financial Literacy
The CFLE houses the Certified Financial Planning program under its pillar of Financial Planning. The programmatic aspect of the pillar provides valuable educational benefits to those who are seeking their CFP designation.
B.S. in Business Administration with a concentration in financial planning
CFP Board certified financial planning program that meets the educational requirements for the CFP Examination.
B.S. in Business Administration with a concentration in valuation
NACVA Board approved Certified Valuation Analyst curriculum track that meet the educational requirements for the CVA Examination
BCOR 340 is a personal finance course taken by all business majors
FIN 370 is a course in personal finance offered to Finance students through the Financial Planning Area of Emphasis *link FIN AOE*
BADM 651 is a course in personal finance offered to MBA and EMBA students each summer