BBER’s premier public event is its Economic Outlook Conference series. Since 1994, hundreds of business and community leaders from across West Virginia have attended these conferences annually to obtain a detailed and reliable forecast for the national and state economies, an analysis of recent national and state trends and other economic issues of interest. Each conference features BBER and national economists, along with business and community leaders.
Specialized briefings are also provided annually to the West Virginia Legislature at the beginning of the Legislative session and to various industry and civic organizations around the state. The Governor of West Virginia also typically incorporates BBER forecasts into the Governor’s Executive Budget.
Customized economic forecasts for particular regions of West Virginia are often undertaken through contracts with local economic development agencies, county commissions, private industry groups, etc. Please contact BBER Director John Deskins if you are interested in a customized forecast.
Economic Outlook Publications:
- West Virginia Economic Outlook 2018-2022
- New River Gorge Area Economic Outlook 2018-2022
- Wheeling Area Economic Outlook 2018-2022
- North Central WV Economic Outlook 2018-2022
- Eastern Panhandle Economic Outlook 2018-2022
- West Virginia Economic Outlook 2017-2021
- North Central WV Economic Outlook 2017-2021
- Eastern Panhandle Economic Outlook 2017-2021
- New River Gorge Area Economic Outlook 2017-2021
- West Virginia Economic Outlook 2016
- Greater Morgantown Area Economic Outlook 2016
- Eastern Panhandle Economic Outlook 2016
- Wheeling Area Economic Outlook 2016
- New River Gorge Economic Outlook 2016