Economic Outlook Conferences and Reports
BBER’s premier public event is its Economic Outlook Conference series. Since 1994, thousands of business and community leaders from across West Virginia have attended these conferences annually to obtain detailed and reliable forecasts for the national and state economies, analyses of recent national and state trends, and discussion of economic issues of interests. Each conference features BBER and national economists, along with business and community leaders.
Specialized briefings are also provided annually to the West Virginia Legislature at the beginning of the Legislative session and to various industry and civic organizations around the state. The Governor of West Virginia also typically incorporates BBER forecasts into the Governor’s Executive Budget.
Customized economic forecasts for particular regions of West Virginia are often undertaken through contracts with local economic development agencies, county commissions, private industry groups, etc. Please contact BBER Director John Deskins if you are interested in a customized forecast.
- West Virginia Economic Outlook Conference | Charleston
- October 9, 2019 | 7:30 am to 12:00 pm | Embassy Suites Hotel Charleston
- New River Gorge Area Economic Outlook Conference | Beckley
- October 23, 2019 | 8:30 am to 11:30 am | Black Knight Country Club
- View on Facebook
- Wheeling Area Economic Outlook Conference | Wheeling
- October 30, 2019 | 7:30 am to 12:00 pm | Wheeling Island Hotel-Casino-Racetrack
- North Central Economic Outlook Conference | Fairmont
- November 13, 2019 | 8:00 am to 12:00 pm | Robert H. Mollohan Research Center
- Eastern Panhandle Economic Outlook Conference | Martinsburg
- November 20, 2019 | 8:00 am to 10:30 am | Holiday Inn Martinsburg