Professional Sales Institute
As part of the professional sales track, students can also join the WVU Professional Sales Institute. Students in the institute add to their academic course through a variety of experiential activities. These include internships, attending sales meetings, 'shadowing' a salesperson for a day, or any variety of 'real' world sales activities. The culmination of this effort is Certification as a Professional Salesperson by the University Sales Center Alliance.
Professional Sales Institute Corporate Partners
The Professional Sales Institute (PSI) Corporate Partners Program is truly a “win-win” proposition. WVU benefits include student support (funding student sales competitions), faculty support (funding sales research), and the opportunity to leverage the professional expertise of the partners. At the same time, PSI Corporate Partners benefit from access to some of the world's brightest business students as well as faculty members conducting cutting-edge sales research.
The Corporate Partners program:
- enables the PSI to sponsor programs and events to increase student awareness of and an interest in professional selling and sales management careers
- enables the PSI to develop innovative teaching materials and methods to better prepare students to excel in sales and marketing careers
- enables the PSI to instill in our students professionalism, ethical values, relevant skills, and real-world perspectives.
Sponsorship packages are customized to specific sponsor needs and capabilities with Gold, Blue and Bronze packages ranging from $2,000 to $10,000. Here is a sampling of sponsor opportunities:
- Naming of WVU Sales Competition
- Complimentary registration to the B&E Fall and Spring Career Fairs<
- Complimentary interview rooms on the day after career fairs
- Full career center service to assist with on-campus recruiting
- Complimentary table at the B&E Etiquette Dinner
- Appointment to the Professional Sales Advisory Council
- Serve as a featured speaker at a WVU Sales Club meeting
- Serve as judge in the WVU Intercollegiate Sales Competition
- Priority in terms of guest-speaker opportunities in sales classes
- 2-5 Minute video link (company provides video) to be showcased on the WVU’s Professional Sales Institute’s website highlighting your company
- Advertising opportunities (e.g., company logo on website)
- Fund a student scholarship