WVU IS AN R1 INSTITUTION
West Virginia University maintains its very high research activity rank among the nation’s elite research institutions as reflected in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.Find out more on WVUtoday
All research and grant proposals must be approved by Division Chair/Program Manager and coordinated/approved by the Senior Associate Dean.
Key college committees include Research and Library (includes departmental representatives) and Outreach and Service (includes departmental representatives).
View the College Journal Rankings.
The WVU Office of Technology Transfers is charged with assisting faculty in the administration
of intellectual property created, improved and developed using university resources.
Applicable intellectual property includes, but is not limited to, patents, copyrights,
trademarks, and trade secrets. For further information go to
The College Communication and Marketing unit is charged with the following:
- Design and publication of all college/unit magazines, newsletters, videos, podcasts and social media
- Maintenance of databases used by various units including alumni affairs, development, etc.
- All web design and implementation
- Event planning
- Provides link between press inquiries and faculty expertise
- Photos, videos and other electronic media
- Technical assistance
- Design and printing/electronic distribution/mailing of all College collateral materials
- Ad design and placement
- Development and promulgation of College design standards to reinforce the B&E brand, coinciding with WVU University Relations on the College brand as it pertains to the WVU brand
- Press releases, media relations and public relations