Forensic Management Academy
September 9-14, 2018
Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office
Cost: $2,250 (Receive a $255 discount if enrolled prior to April 15, 2018)
A group rate has been secured at the Homewood Suites adjacent to the training facility at $139/night. Please click here to reserve your hotel room within the group block, or call 412-232-0200 and say you are with the WVU Forensic Management Academy group block. The discounted $139/night room rate will be available until August 11th or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first.
The WVU College of Business and Economics Center for Executive Education announces the 12tth offering of the Forensic Management Academy (FMA). This unique program was originally designed for current and aspiring forensic laboratory managers, law enforcement professionals and other forensic service providers thanks to an award from the NIJ.
Through customized case studies, interactive classroom projects, and lecture, forensic service providers will explore contemporary business topics as they relate specifically to working in a forensic laboratory or agency. Particular emphasis will be placed on managing in an environment where many functions and processes are legislatively mandated (salaries, budgets, discipline, etc.). These topics will be explored in an application based learning environment where the learning is designed for immediate application back at your agency or laboratory. This unique one week program will examine business and leadership topics including leadership development and succession planning, business skills and their application, conflict resolution, budget and finance, motivation, strategy, as well as performance and project management.
Those interested in improving their individual and organizational knowledge of contemporary business practice as it applies to forensics should apply now, space is limited.
The Center for Executive Education also offers custom versions of this program. Below is a list of forensic-related clients (some of which we have done programs more than once):
- Allegheny County Medical Examiner’s Office
- American Society of Crime Lab Directors
- Arkansas State Crime Laboratory
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Houston Forensic Science Center
- Los Angeles Police Department
- Lose Angeles Sheriff's Department
- Maryland State Police
- Michigan State Police
- New York State Police
- New York City Office of the Medical Examiner
- New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services
- Pennsylvania State Police
- Texas Forensic Science Commission (Austin, Fort Worth, Houston)
- US Army Criminal Investigation Laboratory
- US Drug Enforcement Agency
- Washington DC, DFS, Consolidated Forensic Laboratory
- Wisconsin DOJ Crime Laboratory Bureau