Hospitality Innovation and Technology Lab
Director of the HIT Lab, Dr. Ajay Aluri is currently working on the following projects:
- Partnered with 5th Gen Wireless LLC to examine the current and future use of guest room entertainment technologies and applications in independent boutique hotels in the U.S.
- Working on a project with an innovative company, LISNR, started by a WVU Alumni, Rodney Williams. LISNR uses the world’s most advanced audio ultrasonic technology, the Internet of Sound, to transmit data through sound waves.
- Collaborating with the Business Bureau of Economic Research (BBER) and the Greater Morgantown Convention Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) to review the economic impact of tourism on the area.
- Invited to join the advisory board of an advanced and innovative technology start-up that uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning to predict and fix communication infrastructure failures before they happen at hotels and hospitality and tourism enterprises.
- Developing a revenue management model for a top hotel brand in Morgantown, WV.
Studying the use of Internet of
Things (IoTs) in the restaurant industry with
the Fresh Hospitality group.
HIT Lab Industry Projects
The HIT Lab will work with industry partners on four levels to offer valued solutions to real-life problems.
Examining a significant problem submitted by a client, particularly one that required collaboration with other faculty and experts within the university or outside the university.
Investigating and finding a solution to a problem where faculty in the HTOR team directly with the client to develop a solution.
Exploring a problem as part of the student individual and/or group project in one or two courses.