The Learning System for PMP Exam Preparation
The WVU Learning System for PMP® Exam Preparation course will meet for six days of instruction on six consecutive Wednesday afternoons (February 20 – March 27) from 12:30 to 6:30 pm on the West Virginia University Campus in the Mountainlair. All classes can be attended in person or joined remotely through our webinar connection. Classes are also recorded for later viewing. This program meets the PMI’s 35 contact hour PMP Exam requirement.
Early Registration - $1,525 (Early registration ends January 6)
Regular Registration - $1,625 (Registration ends February 6)
A career in project management offers a variety of jobs across industries, incredible growth potential, and excellent compensation. Skilled project management professionals are in a prime position to benefit from:
- A projected 2.2 million new project management jobs created around the world each year through 2027, according to the Project Management Talent Gap Report.
- A median salary in excess of $100,000 in the US, Switzerland, Australia, Germany and the Netherlands.
Position yourself for a big career move with PMP® certification.
Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification is a proven way to enhance your resume, elevate your career potential, and boost your earnings.
- Earn a higher salary: According to PMI®, PMP credential holders can earn upward of $20,000 more annually than non-credentialed jobholders.
- Earn a prestigious certification recognized around the globe.
- Build skills and knowledge that are transferable between industries, market segments and geographic locations.
- Gain an advantage over non-certified project managers.
- Prove your project management knowledge, commitment, and experience.
- Join a global network of over 793,000 PMP credential holders.
Learn more about PMP certification benefits at pmi.org.
Prepare to pass the PMP® exam.
Ensure you're prepared for the rigorous PMP exam with WVU Center for Executive Education’s Learning System for PMP preparation course. This intensive six day program combines expert instruction with The CERTWISE™ Learning System 2.0 for PMP® Exam Preparation training materials and meets PMI’s 35 contact hour PMP Exam requirement. Our course will help you learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track for success on the PMP exam.
Why Enroll in This Course?
- Learn the entire PMBOK® Guide–Sixth Edition with our experienced and certified PMP instructors.
- Prepare for class and the exam with The Learning System for PMP® Exam Preparation, included in tuition. This interactive study program includes printed study materials, online quizzes, flashcards, PMP exam emulation, and more. You will have access to the online study tools for an entire year.
- Discuss topics and network with peers from a variety of industries.
- Stay on track to complete your PMP studies with our structured learning environment.
- Meet the 35-hour project management education prerequisite.
- Take advantage of your employer’s tuition reimbursement program.
- LaRue Williams, MPA, PMP
Director, WVU Office of Research Program Management
- Bryan Martin, PMP
Assistant Director, WVU ORPM
PMP Prerequisites and Exam Details
Our course is designed to prepare individuals for the PMP Exam. The PMP is highly recommended for experienced project managers looking to advance their skills, career, and earning potential. Candidates must meet education and experience requirements detailed below, agree to a professional code of conduct, and pass the PMP Exam. To apply for the PMP, you need to meet all education and experience prerequisites in one of the following two categories:
|General Education||Project Management Experience||Project Management Education|
|Category A||Secondary Degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent)||Minimum of five (5) years of non-overlapping project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects||35 hours of project management education|
|Category B||A four-year degree (bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent)||Minimum of three (3) years of non-overlapping project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects||35 hours of project management education|
For complete details regarding the PMP eligibility requirements and the PMP exam, please review the PMP® Handbook.
PMI, PMP, and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.